2D Class Week 05 The Art of Frank Frazetta

This weeks illustrator was Frank Frazetta who works mostly in comics and book illustrations. Unfortunately, I really gotta say I didn't like this artist and compiled these sheets out of obligation. There's just something about his art that makes me uncomfortable; like it's a strange perversion or I'm looking at his fetishes.

There's all these beautiful naked women running around with beasts or weapons like they're strong but they have the bodies of swimsuit models more than warriors. Then you've got the images where women are being held down or about to be hurt or even killed and they're just... beautiful and vulnerable. I feel like I'm looking at those pulp fiction novels that got pumped out in the past, where all the covers were beautiful women about to be murdered. It just... gives me a bad vibe. So I picked as much art of his that had nothing to do with women, and mostly sketches.

My pinterest:


My reference sheet:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2D Class Week 15 Film 7 – The Secrete of Nimh

2D Class Week 13 Film 6 – The Thing

2D Class Week 02 The Art of Brian Froud