3D Week 001 Assignment (UE4 Simple Box Level)

For this assignment I had a very specific image in my head that I wanted to create in Unreal. I called the idea Tron cubes since they were visually based on the Tron Legacy movie. I set out to create floating land masses out of them.

To begin with I established scale using the Mannequin from UE and importing it into Maya:


My cube with beveled edges in Maya:


I followed a tutorial on how to make the cube light up like in Tron, but I already knew I would have an issue with Maya's default UV Map. I changed the UV map to mimic the Unreal Cube UV Map as closely as possible. Left to Right: Default Unreal UV, Default Maya UV, Final Maya UV.


My material instance set up:



And finally my finished product!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2D Class Week 15 Film 7 – The Secrete of Nimh

2D Class Week 13 Film 6 – The Thing

2D Class Week 02 The Art of Brian Froud